Ok, saying it’s been a long while since the last time I updated would be a gross understatement. Na laziness dey do me. In between then and now, a whole lot of changes have taken place, and I’ll try to list as much as I can remember.
1. I was on IT, preparing for my final year of school
2. I hated my job, but loved my social life [lol]
3. My relationship was on the rocks, and there was this guy at work who wouldn’t let me rest [kept wanting to kiss me and tins, and he was in a relationship too oh], and another in my estate too [I think I used that 1 as my weekend driver for a while (lol)], and through it all, I refused to cheat. Looking back, I’m pretty sure I did all I could to make that relationship work and all the while, my best friend kept telling me I was flogging a dead horse, trying to bring it back to life. Oh well…
4. I had this laptop I nicknamed Old Faithful. He [yes, he] was a Dell, and he was my companion for about 2 ½ years until one day, when he couldn’t hold up much longer, he just up and died on me. I mean, there was nothing wrong, no problems whatsoever [as a matter of fact, I was watching a movie on him]. He was still charging and everything, but…All efforts to revive him proved abortive. My Old Faithful had fought the good fight and finally given up. Right now, he’s tucked away in 1 corner of my parents’ room, gathering dust [I couldn’t bring myself to bury him]. I do have fond memories of him and still miss him dearly. You know what they say, you never forget your first…..
5. I had some friends I thought would last for, well, maybe forever, but then, like the adage [whose origins I know not] says, 20 children don’t play together for 20 years. And while I mourned the loss of some of the friendships, I’ve come to realize that there’s a reason some people don’t make it to your future, and well, I’ve moved on.
6. My mum used to ask me about school and work, my spiritual life, etc.
1. I graduated in July this year [for which I thank God, cuz 5 years in my school, ko easy rara]. I’ll do a post on that.
2. I kinda, sorta have a job in a major telecommunications company [which I love, by the way], and looking back, the job I hated didn’t suck as much as I thought it did. ‘twaz just the oga patapata that was tres difficile to please, but then, he was just demanding excellence. About my social life… well, ‘tis quite nonexistent right now.
3. I’m in a beautiful relationship with a wonderful human being, and that’s all I’m going to say [for now] about that. I promise there’ll be more gist in another post.
4. I now have a new lappy, and while he’s great [1 of the latest models, with everything the old 1 lacked and more – the whole 9 yards], well…. I still miss Old Faithful but with every passing day, I think of him a little less :(
5. I have met new, wonderful people, and while I treasure their place[s] in my life, I realize that one day, they too may have to move on, and I’ll have to let them go. So…. I guess I should learn not to expect anything much from people, that way I don’t get disappointed. Abi?
6. My mum still asks the same questions [except d school part], but now, she also asks if there’s any special “someone” in my life, and the M word comes up more often. In fact, she makes it a point to let me know everytime someone’s marriage or relationship is either working or not, so I’ll know which example[s] to follow. I think her one of her greatest fears is that I’ll marry someone who’ll beat me. Yeah right, I think I’ll kill d person first ;)
That’s about all I can remember now, and I promise [as long as my internet connection lasts] I'll be back